Scorpion on a Stick

The official blog of The Society for the Advancement and Appreciation of Everything Relating to the Role-Playing Game and its Creators

Monday, January 23, 2012


Hey folks.  Scorpion on a Stick co-author, Nate 20 (I'm the crittingest), here.  Just thought I'd take a minute to write up my intro.  I enjoy games of a wide variety (board games, party games, collectible and non-collectible card games, computer games and so on...) but I've been table top RPG gaming for about 18 years.  I believe I started with Robotech and TMNT but have played more tha my share of D&D 2nd, 3rd and 4th editions, GURPS Supers, GURPS Trek, D20 Modern (in a Buffy-esque setting usually) and Ars Magica.  I pretty much just play D&D 4E these days though.  I usually prefer more story-telling than hack-n-slash, but really what good is one without the other? 

A few thoughts off the top of my head.  WotC recently announced the development of D&D 5E.  Cool, I guess.  I loved 2nd, loved 3rd even more and wasn't crazy about 4th when it came out.   Seems a little soon, but if it's better than 4th, then great.  Buying new corebooks is a pain.  Let's hope the new ones have some 2nd-esque art.  That stuff was epic!  I'm probably most excited about the prospect of new a new minis series.  And seriously when are they going to make a tarrasque mini?  I'm using an old Star Wars Rancor toy that I taped to one of the sides of a 3-ringed binder.  I found another one that was smaller than I'd like but still looks awesome on some British gaming site.  But Robot Black is painting/assembling it for me so I don't have it yet.  I don't have talent making/painting minis!  That's why I buy these prepainted plastic ones.  Also, ever since I was a kid playing with gi joes, tmnts and star wars toys, I always thought minion bad guys should come in like a bucket.  I mean what good is one storm trooper or foot soldier?  They're only a force to make the good guys nervous when there are like scores of 'em.  Same logic goes to minis.  I need like a bag of like 3 dozen goblins.  Sell that!

Rant concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment